How do I get a copy of a report?

Accident Reports: The Glen Carbon Police Department has partnered with Crashdocs ( for accident reporting providing the accident occurred in Glen Carbon. All crash reports are available online within 72-hours of filing the report. For residents who do not have a computer, computer access is available at the Village of Glen Carbon Library and the Senior Community Center. There is a $13.00 fee that can be paid with a debit or credit card. You must know the date of the accident, the report number (which is given to you at the time of your accident) and have a valid debit/credit to obtain a copy of the report.

Police Reports: You can download and complete a Report Request Form and email it back to Reports are $5 and there is an extra charge if there are photos. You must pick-up your report in person and will be required to show a photo ID.

Request are completed through our Records Division Monday 10:00am - 6:00pm, Tuesday- Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm in the order they are received. You will be contacted when your report is ready for pickup. If your request is not filled within 3 business days, please contact Coleen Schaller at (618)288-2627 or 

If you are not directly involved in the case or if it is a pending case, the report cannot be released unless it is requested by an attorney. Citizens can make a request for a report that they are not directly involved in by completing a FOI (Freedom Of Information) request form. These requests must also be completed in person and they have to be approved by the Chief Of Police.


Show All Answers

1. How do I file a complaint against an officer?
2. How do I reserve the community room?
3. How do I pay a traffic ticket or court fine?
4. How do I get a copy of a report?
5. How do I file a police report?
6. How do I get a copy of my driving record?
7. How do I request the Speed Detection Trailer for my neighborhood?