The Public Works Department’s mission is to provide responsive public services to our customers to promote the health, safety and welfare of our community, and to provide a supportive, respectful working environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
The Public Works Department is organized into four divisions and is staffed by approximately 20 full time employees.
- Administration – responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department, GIS data collection and asset management, subdivision review and inspection.
- Streets – responsible for the maintenance of roadways, sidewalks, street signs, and rights-of-ways.
- Utilities – provides safe and reliable drinking water to the community and collects and safely removes sanitary sewer.
- Parks – maintains all of the parks and open spaces for the residents of Glen Carbon to enjoy.
Village residents may drop off Yard Waste items at the Public Works Garage between the hours of 8:00AM and 3:30PM on the following dates:
- Saturday, June 4th, 2022
- Saturday, July 2nd, 2022
- Saturday, October 1st, 2022
- Saturday, November 5th, 2022
- Saturday, November 19th, 2022
- Saturday, December 3rd, 2022